Saturday, October 3, 2009

There is JOY in a cup of coffee and a movie


Came back from seeing "Julia and Julia" and felt like playing around a bit. Gessoed and painted and inked a cereal box cut to 8 1/2 x 11 inches for the background. Then layered on a piece of lime green tissue with some acrylic medium, a still from the movie, my ticket stub, my coffee sleeve, and some "typed" text and a couple of Thickers letters.

I really like the weathered effect on the background chipboard which was an accident as I was trying to smooth out some of the paint and ended up wiping away more than I intended. But it ends up adding an extra bit of texture that I really like. And it doesn't show up in the photo, but the ink from the cereal box packaging shows through just a bit here and there and adds even more texture...

Just smooshing gesso and color around to make the background is totally addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment